Saturday, December 31, 2016

"Your life will not go unnoticed, because I will notice it."

There’s a line in one of my favorite movies, Shall We Dance, when Susan Sarandon explains why she thinks people get married. It’s a wonderful sentiment, and not just for married people. The line is, “We all need a witness to our life…your life will not go unnoticed, because I will notice it.” 

I couldn’t think of a better way to cap off 2016 than with those very words.

This past year has seen its fair share of online rants and jabs. I’ve seen folks duke it out in a social media thread and threaten to cut ties with others because of different ideas and ideals. But I’ve also watched children grow and graduate. I’ve seen achievements, engagements, weddings and honeymoons, vacations, promotions, new jobs, new cars, new boyfriends/girlfriends and even the sharing of sorrows or watching hardships unfold. This brings me back to the line from the movie. Your life will not go unnoticed. I, and others like me, have noticed.

So as this year comes to a close and I look at what’s on the horizon in 2017, I wanted to say, thank you. Thank you for the priviledge of sharing your life with me and allowing me to share mine with you. If you commented on one of my posts, be it my professional or private life, read and reviewed one of my books, sent me a text or email, shared a new release, asked me about my husband or children, a new project or upcoming story, made it a point to find me at a book signing, chatted with me at a convention, or just called to say, hello, you’ve witnessed my life in 2016. I’m honored you allowed me to witnessed yours.

No one can say what might be in store in the coming year, but prehaps we can all agree on one thing moving forward: it’s important and powerful to be a witness to life—your own and those around you. 


Happy New Year. Best wishes for 2017. Be a Witness.

*Kris Calvert is an author of Romantic Suspense, Paranormal Suspense, Horror and Contemporary Romance.

See her books here: Kris Calvert Website
Buy her books on Amazon here: Kris Calvert on Amazon
Join her mailing list here: Kris Calvert Mailing List

Join her Facebook Group here: Kris Calvert's Books & Bits

No comments:

Post a Comment